A message from DCS Director Terry Stigdon, MSN, RN
DCS continues to issue news and update guidance to program partners and stakeholders regarding many of the programs it oversees as our state responds to the COVID-19 pandemic. Below are links to current guidance:
- Anyone having trouble obtaining enough food for themselves or their families should call 2-1-1 for help.
- COVID-19: DCS provider Q&As (updated 4/15/20)
- DCS Field Staff Guidance
- Foster Care: Visit IndianaFosterCare.org for COVID-19 updates.
- Indiana Code 29-3-3-7(c) requires the document appointing a standby guardian to be notarized. Pursuant to Section 4 of Executive Order 20-19, dated April 3, 2020, the requirement for the appointment to be notarized is modified to, instead, be witnessed by a single person. This summary and guidance is hereby published consistent with Section C of Executive Order 20-05.
- 465 IAC 2-1.5-19 requires, in part, a foster parent to schedule a child to be examined by a physician within 10 days of admission to the foster family home, except under certain circumstances. Pursuant to Section 13(B) of Executive Order 20-05, dated March 19, 2020, the Indiana Department of Child Services will be modifying this 10-day requirement to a 45-day requirement. DCS will be following up and prioritizing as much as we can to work towards fulfilling this requirement. This summary and guidance is hereby published in accordance with Section C of Executive Order 20-05.
- All foster parent trainings will be conducted via Zoom until further notice.
- Resources for parents and caregivers
Child Support Payments: DCS continues to process child support payments in a timely manner. Cash payments at county clerks' offices might be impacted by restricted access or closure. Visit the child support homepage for more information.